After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Thursday, April 23, 2015

Playing Catch Up!...


Hello Darlings!
I missed you last week!  I'm always amazed at how sidetracked I get when my husband is off from work.   He took some vacation time and the past 10 days have just been a jumble of projects.   Lots got done around the house though, including a new closet, window seat and flooring in the dining room, and the cement guys came to redo our sidewalk and driveway.  The past two winters really did a number on our already aging concrete.  We also cleaned up the yard and it's all ready for planting.  I can't wait to get to the garden center to buy some flowers, but it's still a little early around here for planting.  Our last chance of frost is around Mother's Day, so I usually wait till then just to be safe.   :)

I've been playing around with some cake topper designs for a while now, and I just finished up this set. 


 They're not too big, just about 3" in length, and 2" tall.   The tip of a wooden skewer covered in white cotton floss,  gets inserted into each birdie's underside,  so they can be poked into the top of a cake for a unique, one of a kind cake topper set.


Mrs. Birdie is all twinkly in her headpiece and veil, and her groom looks rather handsome in his little black top hat!



I really enjoyed creating these dimensional birdies.  It was a nice change of pace.  New projects are always such fun!
I also finished up some Springtime Heart pins.  This is one of my all time favorite pin designs  A bunch of stuff...but it all works together! ;)


Feeling the need for a good dose of fresh air, I took a quick ride to the beach.  It's so beautiful during the off season.  Most of the time it's just me and the seagulls watching the waves, and just a few folks fishing or strolling by.  It's so peaceful.  The gulls and I shared lunch.  I always make two sandwiches, one for me and one for them.   I've learned from experience that's really the way to go because they're pretty brazen about letting you know they want your food.  Once a seagull swooped down and stole my sandwich right out of my hand.  I didn't even see the little bugger coming!  :D  In the concession stand up on the boardwalk, there's a sign on the wall warning folks to mind their food because they won't replace anything the birds steal.  Those Gulls have quite a reputation!


 As always, thank you for your visits, Sweet Friends.  I hope you have great weekend.
I'll be around to see what you've been up to...I have a bunch of visiting to catch up with!
xo Paulette

21 comments:

  1. How delightful "catching up" has been today!

    Hugs and happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .... a beautiful beach ... because of it being deserted ...I love people-less beaches!
    That's funny about the gulls .... wow ..that is cheeky!

    We too need our garage cement re-doing...it is falling apart right under the big doors... chunks are coming out on frozen days.... when the door goes up after being stuck to it in the night.... a big job or at least a better design may be the answer ...with a drain under a grate or something... and, yet inside the door so the cold air doesn't come in....it's a conundrum....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally forgot to mention how much I love the little birdies..... they are such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work! It is always gorgeous!!

    Those darned seagulls! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just staring at the Springtime pins and trying to find adjectives... they are too beautiful!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paulette! Always glad to see you pop up in my daily postings. Sweet pieces you're creating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really are one of the most creative people i have ever seen about felt, and i have visit enough blogs and magazines to know this...... really. And very boring; yes you did amazed me again (while i was thinking that that could not happen again) ; - )))
    the birds are beautiful made and the hearts are so delicate....and beautiful. I`m still proud of my beautiful sheep ;-)
    greetings miek

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm..... i znowu cudeńka :) Śliczne :) Serdecznie pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bridal cake toppers are adorable to say the least! I have one of your spring time pins and love it. Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet for the top of a wedding cake! Every time I visit your etsy, it is empty :(
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paulette Dear those little birdies are precious! How lovely to get a good beginning to home projects both inside and outdoors. Walking along the beach sounds just heavenly. I was near the beach last week but waaaay too many crowds and traffic to get close to the actual sand and water. Spring Blessings Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your adorable cake toppers would be perfect for my next wedding! Just kidding about the wedding! ;-)

    I love when my husband is able to spend some time at home! We always seem to accomplish so much. I would love to be able to take a stroll along the beach... not a frequent occurrence in a farming community!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those birds are adorable. The felt ones not the gulls, gulls are nasty (they steal round here too)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful hearts but those Love Birds are such a inspired idea!! You will busy making a lot of them.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those cake toppers they are brilliant! Ialso see you have been quite busy around the house, so a trip to the beach was definitely in order. I cannot wait till I go on holiday im missing the beach xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet little birdies and a perfect keepsake for after a wedding. Wish we had a lovely beach nearby, but I have to content myself with the river that runs beside our buildings. It's rather a stinky river at times, but at least it's water!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea, cake toppers! Who would have thought it? other than you. They are fabulous. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Spring swerving into Summer, Paulette. I love the new birds and the lambs are adorable. I love seeing your words dance across my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. With 2 newly engaged daughters....those cake toppers may be just what I need!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cake toppers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely bride! And such a handsome groom ;P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)