After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thinking about Mother's Day

 
Hi Girls...
 
I just finished this little granny blanket for my mom. :)
 
 
It's not bery  (oops!) very big, just nine squares, but that's plenty big enough to cover her lap and legs when she's feeling chilly.
 
Oh, such happy colors!!! :o)
 
 
I was planning to bring this to her as soon as I finished, but since Mother's Day is just around the corner, I think I'll wait till then.
 
 
That pretty edging was inspired by Lucy over at Attic24.  I love, love, love her blog!
 
 
So... maybe together with a bunch of daffodils and that cute little guy, I've got a Mother's Day plan! 
 
Have you started thinking about Mother's Day yet?  It's just two weeks away! 
 
 


30 comments:

  1. Прекрасный плед! Яркое сочетание цвета очень мило. Ваша маме будет тепло и уютно.
    Полетт, вы хорошая дочь!
    С любовью из России. Елена.
    ................
    A lovely plaid! The bright color combination is very nice. Your mom will be warm and cozy.
    Paulette, you are a good daughter!
    With love from Russia. Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish your mother good health and long life. A nice gift from the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty - your mom is going to love it! I unfortunately don't have any mothers left to get presents for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paulette, I envy those of you who are able to take things to their mother. My mother and mother-in-law are both deceased. I just want to remind people to love their moms today because they don't know what tomorrow will bring. I love seeing what you are up to and I am glad you are back my friend. Have a great weekend. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! That is so pretty, I love the colors. I think you have a beautiful gift for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Paulette, those colours are gorgeous! And I love the little mouse - what a fab Mother's Day present x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yay, I can say yes, it's already taken care of. My brother and I have bought a 'Little Gem' Magnolia tree for her. They'll deliver & plant it sometime this coming week. She's thrilled.

    I love Granny Squares and your colors don't disappoint, they're happy! She'll love it.

    When I was a teen I chose the most obnoxious color combo for a Granny Square vest. It made me happy and was worn until threadbare!

    Cute bear too! Have a fabulous weekend Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such a pretty blanket! Your mom will surely feel spoiled:) I have been thinking about Mother's Day but you are way ahead of me. Have a nice Sunday! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lap blanket is blissful and very cheery for your mom. I like to honor Mother's day in reverse. I celebrate my daughter who allowed me the opportunity to be a mother and feel very blessed. Happy Creative Hearts Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear friend... Its so nice to see you again with your beautiful and delicate work...I am too away from blogging from last one year because of constructing our home and than settling and all that... Now in few days I will be back too... and really happy to see you...
    with love
    Farah
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, you just gave me an idea!
    yesterday my mother in law asked for panholders to make.
    and now i can give them as a mothersday pressent, thanks for the idea.
    i love your blanket and colors, so sweet!
    ps. my sizzix machine is on the way to my home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello sweet Paulette,I think your mom is going to be so happy with your beautiful work.....I love the colors too...you are so creative....have a beautiful sunday.....here we are waiting for a new born life in the horses stables.......xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh is this PERFECT and GORGEOUS! i absolutely LOVE the colors! i have an old baby blanket of jade's i throw over me when i get chilly. must be an "old lady" thingy! LOL. will mom be getting that teddy bear with it too????

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I love the color combinations. Love all your other projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love granny squares, and that edging is adorable! I guess I'd better start thinking about Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Paulette!
    What a beautiful blanket! The color combo is perfect and I especially love that rose pink edging. :-)

    Adding daffodils and Little Mouse-y will make this a very special Mother's Day gift - just brimming with love for your sweet Mom. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely gift for your Mom. Such pretty colors!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous blanket. Glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Paulette,
    How very blessed your mother is to have such a thoughtful daughter.. She is going to love it.. Made with your hands, how could she not.. and she will just love that little guy too!

    I have a granny blanket that my beloved Mother had made.. I treasure it.

    Thank you so much for coming over to meet Fleur and leaving such a sweet note.

    I am off to visit Attic 24.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's beautiful & I love the colors. I've enjoyed your blog forEVER, so mostly I'm thrilled to see you back with all of your inspiring creative genius. You cannot ever do that again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Paulette, it's SO happy. I'm sure your beautiful blanket along with the flowers and that adorable bear will bring a smile to your mom's face! Happy mom's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hey... who is that peeking out of your Mom's blankie? .... looks like my house...always 'somebuddy' having fun with my stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Paulette- your lap blanket is so beautifully bright and cheery-/ your Mother is going to be thrilled with this lovely gift. She will cherish the warmth it brings// it's the most absolute perfect gift.
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great colors! Attic 24 is an excellent place for inspiration, I agree. I hadn't crocheted in years, came across Lucy's blog, and now I'm obsessed - always a few projects on the hook. :) Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice blanket, your mum will love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just had you on my mind dear friend--- have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend--
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Paulette, that's so sweet, and you're right the colors are so bright and cheerful......she's gonna love it. Your pin in your last post is stunning......geez I wish I could do that stuff again. I don't know why I can handle PaperClay, but I can't seem to do handiwork any more. I've noticed it is taking me a bit longer now to sculpt, but I just can't give it up yet. Your talent inspires me pretty lady.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous7/09/2013

    Oh wow! These colors are just the best! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. OLA TUDO BEM?
    GOSTEI DO BLOG...
    ABRAÇO LEILA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)