After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day! :)

 
Hi Girls!  Want to have yourself a whole bunch of fun? 
 
Then make one of these mini gardens!
(click on pics for a better view!)
 
 
After seeing my sweet friend Lisa's beautiful fairy garden, I knew I needed one of my own!
 
 
So I gathered my supplies, went out to the porch and plopped myself down.  Surrounded with plants, potting mix and an assortment of little treasures I thought might be perfect for this project, I began to play!
 
 
The ceramic house is actually a candle holder.  A lit tea candle puts a soft glow in all the windows during the evenings.
 
 
The bunnies are from a collection of porcelain animals I've had since I was a kid.  They're by a company called Hagen Renaker.
 
 
The adorable ceramic mouse couple, I bought from Debi.  Her Etsy shop is called Northwoods Niche.
 
The birdbath, fence, shepherd's hook, "Mom's Garden" sign and the tiny toadstools,  are all from Kim, who's Etsy shop is called The Little Hedgerow.  She makes the most adorable little things! 
 
I bought the sparkly, green glass gravel I used for the path, at Michael's, and I also used some broken  bits of slate from my own backyard.
 
 
Because my wooden container (from Home Depot) is quite deep, I first filled the bottom with a layer of empty plastic milk containers before adding the potting mix.
 
You know...every time I look at this little garden I smile.  I really, really love it!
 
If you're looking for an easy,  sort of get-lost-in-your-imagination type of project, this is a good one!
 
 
 
 


33 comments:

  1. How sweet! We are on the same wavelength, apparently, as I have been thinking about making a fairy garden as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful! I keep wanting to make a fairy door for a tree in our front yard... you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is so sweet. I recently started collecting items to make a garden to sit on the table in my living room. Thanks for the etsy shop links too.

    Happy Mothers Day
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paulette,
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden. The mice are so adorable in it, the whole thing is adorable. You certainly have a talent for creating.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your precious little garden and treasures you have placed in it. Wonderful memories to cherish all close at hand. Happy Mother's Day Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paulette,
    I hope your day was filled with joy..
    I just love this mini garden you have created!
    The bunnies are so sweet, it looks magical.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love youre little garden, i will have one on my self.
    So so nice.
    Hugs Ingvor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Fairy Garden! What fun.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'll bet you'll get lots of fairies living there to. if i ever need a place to rest, just put me in that pot - LOL. it's gorgeous!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a delightful decoration, Paulette, and I love your creativity. Your pins are stop-the-clock pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I used to love making miniature gardens when I was little, thanks for the reminder! And I might just make one myself :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww, how very precious!!! I almost forgot how beautiful it is over here.

    I'm OK...boogered up a foot pretty bad but I'm well on the mend. Hubs has had some health issues and my own Mama has been in the hospital for 36 days now.

    'Seems life has consumed me this past year and sucked the time away from the blog world. I miss it and sure plan on a return. I just don't know when,

    I do so love to write, it makes my heart sing.

    Good to hear from ya! Have yourself one stupendous day showered with blessins from above!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Paulette, Of course I LOVE this miniature garden because it is so cute and fairy like. Just like the project I am currently working on. Thank you for dropping by my blog. Good to know you are back in blogland. Big hug from across the pond, Love Carol :) xxxx PS Your gorgeous little embroidered heart is still pinned beside my bed and I admire it every single morning and night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Paulette!
    This is just darling! Wish I could scrunch down to fairy-size and spend a night or two! :-)
    I bet it would be fun to change it for an Autumn version... and maybe even for Christmas with greens and lights and tiny snowmen or other holiday figures! xoxo


    ReplyDelete
  15. This garden is just so cute, would to make one too.Yours turned out so well.What great imagination you have x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, that is too cute! I know my little girl would love something like this. Might need to make her one someday!
    (Thanks for popping by my blog today and for the nice comments.)
    Doda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I envy you playing in the dirt, love your little secret garden. You do well to enjoy each day!
    hugs,k

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know...... this gets me to thinking ...... and as soon as the guys building our fence and re-doing the sprinklers are finished wandering on some of my garden area....I will be out playing and perhaps find some spots for a little area like this.... I could use a big pot too...but, I bet it would be cute right down in front of my garden ... I must look for a wee house..... or ,.... make one.... or, even just a door to put up against a tree.....yeah....a fairy door! I've seen those before ....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paulette-- I love fairy gardens and I've been wanting to make one of my own as well-- I love yours-- especially the little bunting-- it's all just adorable!!
    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

  20. You me at all admire! You are a wonderful and talented needlewoman! Thank You for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful Paulette, I only wish I could do that here in AZ now, but it's way too hot! We're already over 100 degrees and will be in the teens soon, most plants just dry up and die, except for cactus and I don't think fairies like cactus!

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Paulette,

    Hope you are well?

    This is absolutely gorgeous, I love it!

    Let me know when you open your Etsy shop again as I would still looooove one of your creations! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn! I'm just fine, sweetie. It's taking a bit longer to get my shop back open, but I'll be back one of these days. I'll post about it here when it's open again...and thank you! :) xo

      Delete
  23. Eeeeep! Look how sweet your fairy garden is, Paulette! It couldn't be more precious, I adore all of your special touches, and the way it looks like an enchanted English garden complete with tiny white fence. (and can I just say, I'm really stinkin' happy to have inspired you!!) Your cottage candle holder is the sweetest thing! Sometimes you strike gold by thinking out of the box, I'll bet it looks a treat in the evening with a lit tea light. Your bunnies & mice are the perfect little residences for this garden, they are so cute! The Little Hedgerow shop is great, I've already racked up a wish list, lol. I'm so happy you've made yourself this little space, you'll get so much enjoyment from it, it's fun to play, isn't it? Oxo~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing work! The garden is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hallo! I like the bunnys. (I like bunnys.)
    Mummy yewst to mayke ickol gardens like this wen she was littol. She mayde them owtside in pots. She yewst to put beetols on the paths.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your needle work is fantastic. This past winter I was bit by the felt bug. and yes, I like your fairy garden. That's next on my list.
    God Bless, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce! Have fun playing with your felt! xo

      Delete
  27. Oh I so, so love this little garden Paulette - it warms my heart and makes me want to go play with the little nature beings! A huge thank you for giving me such a thrill and inspiring me to make moves towards having one of my own!
    Joy x

    joyjinkscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love from all my heart to your handmade crafts:)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)