After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Love ...

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
- L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
 
Hi Everyone!
 
Not far from where I live, there's this gorgeous pond. :)
 
 
It's sits in the town of Cold Spring Harbor, NY, tucked away behind St. John's, a very old church.
 
 
It's the perfect place to visit when you just want to sit for a little while, and enjoy a bit of a lovely day.
 
   The view is so beautiful, like a scene from a Currier & Ives Postcard.
 
 
I visit this pretty pond often, and unbelievably,  I'm usually the only one there
... except for a bunch of birdies who are always very happy to share my snack!
 
 
The leaves are brilliant this year, showing off their finest colors. 
I just love October!
 

 
I hope you're enjoying this last October day!
 
 
....Happy Halloween!!!
 
xo Paulette :)
 

42 comments:

  1. Gosh, thank you for this beautiful post. I love the autumn leaves, every single year I am just in awe of nature's colours! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful autumn colours! Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pics Paulette, thank you so much, I am very happy to share your special place with you! I can feel the quiet peaceful energies!
    Warm hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely place to visit! Happy Halloween to you as well. The wind is howling here and we are losing all our pretty leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paulette, The fall colors are beautiful. We ended our month with stormy weather. It rained until late this afternoon and stayed in the 40's. Your pin was so pretty that you made for Vicki. There is that nasty word cancer that pops up its ugly head. I just hope some day we find a cure for it so that we don't lose so many. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots, thank you for sharing your get-a-way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pond is very Thoreau-ish...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful place! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize you lived in NY. I grew up there. I'm from Dutchess County.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love place to visit, do you take your stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this time of the year too.its such a time for seeing fantastic scenery.The church and the pond are just beautiful.Have a lovely weekend, hope your sons birthday was good x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11/01/2013

    Such stunning pictures... the colours are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scenery pictures are very pretty and so different from where I live, which is a subtropical climate with lots of palm trees. I even have a banana tree in my back yard. You did a great job making the bats too. The bats are plentiful at my house at dusk and through the night. They are noisy both with the sounds they make and the flapping of their wings. They are called flying foxes here though. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colours of the trees. It is the same here but not so crisp and clear - a bit more murky. Great pumpkins. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for taking me along on this outing. I love October too. November isn't bad either :)
    What a gorgeous place.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you actually made me miss L.I.!!! gorgeous pictures. i LOVE october too. now that we're into november... i'll be hibernating. hopefully in the spring i can sell my house and rent a smaller one. fingers crossed! all else is good.

    hugs sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is certainly a gorgeous place. The color in your area is amazing. I think the past two days of heavy rain probably brought down a lot of our colorful leaves. I won't know til it gets light.

    Hope you had a great Halloween!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11/01/2013

    gorgeous photos-thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning, gorgeous, it doesn't get any better than that. I have to travel about 2 hours to see that with our pines, aspens and sycamores, but it's worth it. Lucky, lucky you. I'd be there all the time, too.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh Paulette, you live in such a beautiful place. I should love to sit awhile beside that pond. How nice too that it remains quite undiscovered.

    Belated happy halloween to you too my friend, just loved your bats!!!

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colors have been spectacular this fall. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the color of the October, and I agree with L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables days word of October , so nice you live and so fine Photos.
    I hope you have a nice Halloween and Weekend
    Hugs Ingvor

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely photos Paulette. I do believe the Fall colors have been far more intense this year than I have ever seen before. They almost have a neon glow to them while the sun is shining. Your own private pond looks gorgeous and very relaxing. I can see why you like to enjoy it. October came and went in quite a hurry. On to November and so much to be grateful for. Blessings Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous11/01/2013

    Looks so peaceful and lovely! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your photos are beautiful. Aren't you lucky to have such a fabulous place to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  26. What wonderful shots! October is my favorite month. I love everything about it.
    Too bad it's only 31 days :-/
    Not looking forward to what November could bring.....you now, that 4 letter word!!
    Have an absolutely crisp weekend!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. As I was driving home today I happened to think about how boring this part of Ohio is, the corn and soy bean fields are slowly being harvested and the ones that remain are wet from yesterdays rain. The wind has done a real number on the trees and they are about half gone with their lovely color. Your scenery is awesome. A person could look at that all day and not tire of it. Lovely photos.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What beautiful pictures! We have mostly pine trees on our farm, but we do get to see a little bit of color change. I think it's time to take a drive a few hours north to Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous11/04/2013

    Dear Paulette, I don't know where to begin... I just wanted you to know how much better my day is after visiting you here on your blog. My eyes can't take in all the beauty and talent...all of this from one person! You inspire people you will never know or meet. So I just wanted you to know that You make a difference in my world. You make my crafting heart smile. Thank you, ~Diane~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Diane, You made my heart smile this morning too! Thank you so much for all your very sweet, very kind words. :) Hugs xoxo

      Delete
  30. Beautiful photos Paulette.... if you want to frolic in the some snow....c'mon over anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Paulette,
    The fall colors of nature are just breathtaking...
    Thank you so much for your most welcome visit and kind thoughts. You are the brilliant one... I just adore your work... You have such a wonderful imagination, add to that your gifted hands with the needle... I wish I had such talent.
    Enjoy your week.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh that is beautiful, you can found that no where in Holland. we have a lot of water but never with such view of forest. we have woods but not with those colours. now i`m not jealous but you must not mention it again that it is soooooo cloooooose by for you, really i`m think I am jealous ;-)
    I love autumn too you know.............
    greetings miek

    ReplyDelete
  33. Perfect! Love love love the Fall colors and the peaceful feel! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you, Math Whiz. It really is a peaceful place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. One can feel the MAGIC in the air... Breathtaking views!
    What a nice shot - all these pictures of yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. The colors have been gorgeous this fall! I love living on a little pond and watching the seasons fade one into the next. Peaceful and sweet. Your photo of the church is picture perfect.

    Stop by and sing an old song with us, we'd love to have you for some warm cider by the fire!

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think you have a magic place there sweet Paulette,your photos are beautiful with the autumn colors.....

    a big hug from me to you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a beautiful autumnal setting-- that pond is so beautiful. I'd want to be there all the time:)

    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  39. What an absolutely beautiful post - and the quote at the top is a favourite one. Lucky you to live near this gorgeous place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Carissima Paulette sigo voce a tempos, ADORO TEUS CORAÇÕES, são verdadeiramente STUPENDI tanto quanto esta maravilhosa vista que vc fotografou e tem a sorte de ver ao vivo, o Outono me faz lembrar com muito carinho e saudades a terra onde nasci Italia, moro no Brasil que tem um clima tropical e tudo é muito diferente, lindo tambem, mas as lembranças de nossa infancia são muito especiais.
    Obrigada por compartilhar este teu Paraiso.
    Abraço
    Dear Paulette follow you at times, I LOVE YOUR HEARTS, are truly wonderful as this view that you photographed and is lucky enough to see live, Fall reminds me dearly and miss Italia land where I was born, I live in Brazil has a tropical climate and everything is very different, too beautiful, but the memories of our childhood are very special.
    Thanks for sharing this thy Paradise.
    Hug
    Loredana - LoBo
    http://artefatoslobo.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  41. SO gorgeous! I can't believe more people aren't hanging out there. I wish I lived there, I'd be sitting right next to you feeding the birds : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)