After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Thursday, April 24, 2014

On My Stitching Table...


Hi Girls!
 
Now that all of that holiday fussing is behind us, I hope you're enjoying a beautiful week! 
 
I've been wanting to make a little something for my sister... a surprise goodie. :)   

 
She loves horses and she's been riding since we were kids, so I made her this horse pin.  A brown horse with a black mane, just like her precious friend Dukey.  
  My original idea was to hang a garland of flowers down from his neck. 


Then I decided to do something different with his mane.  So first I stitched his mane,  and then went back to add a bunch of individually knotted threads to make it pop!  :)

I also finished up two more "Springtime" pins, just a bit different than the others I made ...


but those Itty-Bitty Bees seem to be buzzing all over my work table now, so I made them a little beehive pin they can call their own. :)

 
Lots more to do, but it's a beautiful day and a long walk in the woods sounds like a really nice idea.  Maybe I can walk off that pound of jelly beans I managed to gobble up last weekend! 
 
Have a fun day, and I'll see you soon!
 
xo
           Paulette     Smiley

54 comments:

  1. Gosh these new pins are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, love it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulette your work is amazing!! The other day I kept on looking at your creations for over an hour-- mesmerising!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift for your dear sister, I'm sure she will love it for years to come....
    I love the bee hive pin it's so sweet....lol.....

    Hugs~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Paulette,
    What a lovely horse pin. Your sister is going to love it.
    The hearts are beautiful and that little bee hive is some
    else. This post was a lovely surprise. Thank you for the treat.

    Love,
    Aunt Bea
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that horse pin. It is so delicate. I really love your work. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the horse pin, he is so cute. I am sure your sister will love it also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Очень красиво!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work this week. Your photos are just so scrumptious, too! It's like I can feel the texture of everything you make, and you now that's just what we all love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those! Any chance those spring pins will make it to your Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you sister is going to be thrilled with her new pin. I wrote down the instructions to make your little bees and can't wait for an opportunity to use them in a project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paulette, what a very lovely Horse Pin for your Sister I am sure she will love it. All your creations are very beautiful hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paulette, your sister is just going to FLIP, when she sees this beautiful horse pin.. You do such beautiful work, how I admire your talent.. The others are also exquisite!
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. More beautiful pins sweet Paulette! I'm sure your sister is going to so love and appreciate her lovely new horse - you certainly have made it 'pop', well done you!
    I would love to take that long walk in the woods with you - we could share so much together! Sending you much love, Joy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure your sister will love that pin! It's great to see you stitching again. I love the compliments I receive when I wear one of your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is beautiful. It always make me smile. She will love the horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...And you just made me smile too! Thank you Cindy! :)

      Delete
  17. The horse is so unique and beautiful and I love the beehive. But the Springtime hearts are my favorite. Your beaded hearts are always special....and I love the tiny bees that are flying all around. Enjoy your week my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh m'stars, look at that horsey! Your sister will love it, it's just as cute as can be, I really like the black beading around the white portrait! Did you use a turkey stitch for the mane? It looks fantastic, your sketch is super cute, too! You know I love those spring pins, they are so full & lush! The bee hive, too! What lucky little bees to live in such a cute skep!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are beautiful, I love the way you've done the mane on the pony pin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how beautiful! Amazing horse, lovely hearts and sweet bees!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am sure your sister will love her pin, made for her with loving care !
    The bee skeep is just so much fun ;)
    All the detial in your work is just grand.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. The horse is so very cute. I have to say that I am partial to that beehive!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are so sweet, I wounder if I can bay one Spring time pin , and if you will do one Witches Hat to me,
    I like your pins they are really beautiful.
    Have a nice Weekend
    Ingvor

    ReplyDelete
  24. i should take stock if you had a store. everything is gorgeous. my granddaughter LOVES horses tho she doesn't ride. how beautiful and lucky your sister is!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the horse and with a garland of red roses it could be a Kentucky Derby Winner! Love all your new stitching and designs.
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous4/25/2014

    pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, my dear Paulette...
    No one (and I mean NO ONE) does tiny, beautiful stitches like you do! Your sister is going to fall in love with your sweet gesture. I'm awestruck!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
    Love and hugs across the miles.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  28. How sweet!!! I love those spring time pins, just soooo cute!!! Enjoy your walk :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooooooooooohh!!! sweet Pauette what a beauty!!!! you are so talent!....the other pins are also super but the horse is also my favorite....
    have a beautiful weekend my friend..
    hugs from me to you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. now, you did it again. for me it`s not boring but maybe it is for you. you amazed me again with this beautiful work witch looks so alive! i`m feeling sad that i`m not living in the usa.
    now i can`t buy your beautiful work ;-(
    but i enjoy it very much ;-)
    greetings miek

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute. Horses are a fave motif of some dear friends who actually have horses. They are amazing beings tho, aren't they ?~! I like your little waving Paulette - she's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are such an artist! That horse pin is perfect - the mane, the flowers (as though the horse is looking over a flowery hedge), the black beads in the trim. And the Spring pins are beautiful. Enjoy your nice weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Paulette your little surprise Horse pin for your sister is fabulous. The mane really is the crowning glory with its 3D effect. Very sweet bee hive for your adorable little bees. Your stitches and designs are such Creative Bliss Dear... Do you still have your etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow! jak zwykle piękne :) pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. You always make such lovely lovely items!!!!
    diane @ thoughts and shots

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely work as usual, have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the horse by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi there, just catching up! Love the beehive brooch, very pretty indeed and goes so well with your bees of course! Loved the egg in your last post as well, you are so creative! Hope that you have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your meticulous work is truly amazing Paulette, so much detail and so delicately stitched! I am in awe of your craft and constantly inspired to rise to your artistic level! Pat :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous4/28/2014

    just all so beautiful-love your work

    ReplyDelete
  41. amazing pin! The horse as alive! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. U did an amazing job with the mane! Can't take my eyes... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh, gosh, your sister is going to LOVE that pin!!! I was a horse nut when I was young. God love my mom and dad. We had no money, but somehow they managed to scrape enough together to let me take riding lessons for a while. Your pin is just beautiful!!! I also love the spring pins and ALL of the pins I'm seeing down your sidebar - you are very talented!!

    Thanks so much for visiting my new studio/office in progress and the kitties! We love company :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you Paulette, I was enjoy your visits and kind words.. .So happy you enjoyed Bernard.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  45. OMG, is there anything you can't do?! Your talent goes above and beyond. Thank you for your encouraging words, I truly appreciate them XO I can't stop looking at that horse. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Anonymous5/01/2014

    Hi Paulette! Oh, I just love all of your beautiful felt work! I've made some seasonal felt pieces for a little prelit tree for my granddaughter! I may have even gotten some ideas from you as I looked on Pinterest. I've noticed you're my newest follower and now I'm your newest follower.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have long admired your work but had never visited your blogsite. You do such awesome work. Will be back to visit you often.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  48. Paulette, you are so gifted with the needle! That horse broach is so wonderful. She must love it.
    Your springtime pins and beehive one are all lovely. Truly!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your horse pin and the mane looks fabulous! I also love jellybeans....so hard to stop at one.....

    ReplyDelete
  50. I browse your site everyday. I think your work is stunning and your are so creative, the stitching is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your work is fantastic, so delicate and well done, it's a pleasure to visit your blog and I send you my best wishes.
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)