Hi Sweeties!
Aren't these kissing bunnies just darling?
They're salt and pepper shakers, a vintage pair, and finding
them has sort of become an obsession!
I've set a few rules for myself as to how to collect them because I
very quickly realized how easily I could end up with an entire kitchen wall full
of shakers, and I really don't want that...plus I have a small kitchen. So the
ones I'm keeping my eye out for need to be vintage, some sort of animal, and
they must have adorable, expressive faces. ;)
Believe it or not, my counter tops (yes, counter tops!) are
what led me to collecting these little ceramic cuties. When we redid the
kitchen a while back, we chose a very dark, mossy-greenish-blackish granite
for our counter tops. It was on display and my husband and I both thought it
was beautiful and it looked so pretty with the oak cabinets we had picked out. Well, eight years later, I'm not loving it. It's way too dark and
I just don't know what I was thinking back then. The kitchen has an old
fashioned feel which I love, but it's certainly not because of the "black"
counter tops. The sink and the appliances are also black...Ugh! Now I find I'm looking for even more black in some of my decorating choices. It never ends!
I bought these black metal spice racks to hang somewhere in
the kitchen (you guessed it...just because they're black!). Not really knowing what I was going to
use them for, I thought they'd be pretty somewhere. Then I remembered a few
sets of shakers I had tucked away, a light bulb went off in head, and that's
when the salt and pepper snowball started rolling!
Now, whenever I have a few minutes to myself, I'm searching
around Ebay and Etsy looking for more. I've found quite a few adorable sets so
far. I may need more shelves soon! I'll continue to show you critters from my new collection in future posts, but for now I thought I'd just share these three
sets up close. I've gotten more since I took the picture above. I never pay much for them. Usually between $6 to $15, and I don't mind a little chip or two. They're just such fun!
It's been another busy week around here. Again, not much stitching time, but I was able to finish up some Easter egg pins. That's going to be it till next year.
They were fun to create, but now it's time to focus on other spring things. :)
I hope you are all doing just fine, and you enjoyed your
first week of spring...or fall. :)
Thank you for your visits and the lovely comments you left on
my last post. I'll see you again sometime next week. Have a great
weekend! Try not to eat too many of those jelly beans you have hidden away!
xo Paulette 

I love them all my mom used to have the birds. I just bought two red riding hoods fro ebay .. Nice collection. Happy weekend with love Janice
ReplyDeleteHow are these pairs! You're so right-- the expressions on their faces are, in a word, precious. Lately, I've been checking out vintage lambs as I decided they are perfectly more appropriate at Easter than bunnies and chicks... I'm now looking for vintage lambs and even a lamb cake mold. Should be fun!
ReplyDeleteHugs and happy Easter,
Kelley~
your shakers are adorable! I think it makes us feel good to be on the "hunt" for certain things-its an adventure and just fun.
ReplyDeleteLoving your egss too.
have a good week Kathy
That's a great way to display your adorable collection! When I retire, I plan on finding way to display my varied collections, and if I don't find a way to do it they will just have to find new homes.
ReplyDeleteWhew! I made it to Etsy just in time! :-)
...I love your shaker collection! My personal fav' is the kissing bunnies, I love how the one has its lil' foot held out as it's being kissed - too cute! :o)
ReplyDelete...And I adore your home! I love the photo of it that you have there on the sidebar of your blog. And just what you've shown of the interior, here and there, it looks beautiful! And I'm sure the "black" kitchen countertops are beautiful too but I understand living with something and then realizing that dreadful feeling of, "what was I thinking?!"...lol I had that happen to me when I had our sofa reupholstered in a dreadful fabric. It wasn't dreadful on the swatch but when you placed it on something as big as a sofa, it was d-r-e-a-d-f-u-l! [shudders] Needless to say, we had to have it reupholstered and yes, my husband looked just like that lil' emoticon you have up there..."blah, blah, blah, blah"...*sigh*...lol
...Your little Easter egg pins are just so sweet Miss Beedeebabee! I don't know how you sew with all those teeny tiny beads and then put them all together so creatively to make something so beautiful! I'm in awe! :o)
...Wishing you a delightful weekend!
...Peace & blessings. :o)
how aaaaaaaaaa dorable! your home is just what i expected.... GORGEOUS. HAPPY EASTER
ReplyDeleteThe salt and pepper shakers are so cute. It is nice to have something to look for and collect and even better that they are small. I have never really noticed this type of shaker before...back in the days of my Santa collecting I did collect quite a few Santa shakers. The bright colors and cute faces make these adorable. The black wire shelves make the perfect display spot.
ReplyDeletexo,
Deb
Your Easter Egg pins are a work of art Paulette! Love the black in the kitchen btw .. I also have black granite counter tops! Have a great weekend, love Pat xx
ReplyDeleteVery cute shakers!
ReplyDeleteAny animals I collect have to have eyelashes and cute smiles. :)
Your eggs are just beautiful!
I've just been making lots of yo yo bunnies.
♥
Your shaker obsession is very cute! I see lots of them at the Brimfield antique/flea Mkt. Love the Easter Eggs!
ReplyDeletePaulette, The Easter egg pins are wonderful. I have been checking your Etsy shop to see if you had posted any. I must be doing something wrong because for the past few weeks, every time I go to your shop the page shows no pins. I am disappointed that I missed these eggs. Can you suggest anything that I might be doing wrong to explain why the listings are not showing? Thank you and have a blessed Easter. MM
ReplyDeleteHi MM, :) Thanks so much for your sweet words, and for your interest. You're not doing anything wrong. I know my shop always looks empty, but I do add pins every few days. Sometimes a week will go by before new things are added. They seem go pretty quickly, and then the shop stays empty again until I add more. Thank you again for writing,MM, and you have a very blessed Easter as well. xo
DeleteYour s & p animals are just adorable Paulette! I can't resist the cute faces of miniature....anything! They look so cute hanging out in the black metal spice racks. I think you're going to have to find more racks to hold them all!
ReplyDeleteMy living room furniture will be 25 years old in May, and I'm terrified to chose new furniture for fear that I'll hate it in a few years, so I know how you feel about choices you've made. I may never replace the old stuff. hehe
Your egg pins are gorgeous! Happy Easter!
Since we're RVers, I have to stay away from 'collectibles' but I do enjoy seeing other folk's collections (and living vicariously through them)!! Your S&P collection is quite darling! As are the little eggs! Just precious! :)
ReplyDeleteYour Easter Egg pins are beautiful! Seeing your salt and pepper shakers brought back fond memories - my mom had a collection of them when I was growing up.
ReplyDeleteHi sweet friend! Those are all so darling!! Your racks looks so cute there and displaying the most adorable sets too! LOVE your new Easter pins, those are so gorgeous!! You do such beautiful work and your attention to detail is amazing! Wishing you a lovely day Paulette!! xo Holly
ReplyDeleteHello! oh I really love those bunnies ,they are all so cute,and your work is really beautiful as usual.I hope you enjoy your spring week, here is autumn now, but the days are wonderful! Happy Easter! besos. Lilián-
ReplyDeleteЯ просто в восторге от ваших работ!!! они мне очень нравится! Браво прекрасной рукодельнице! Мои объятия!
ReplyDeleteThe bluebird shakers are my favorite! You have a sweet collection :) Good idea to add more "black" into your kitchen.
ReplyDeletewarmly,
deb
aw - those little s&p's are so cute! I can see why you would want to collect them.
ReplyDeleteWell hello there gorgeous lady. I think you need to paint your kitchen cabinets white or cream which will offset the darkness of the granite....plus it's cheaper than replacing the granite. It will brighten up your whole kitchen, too. Lot's goin' on around here and I gotta get back to painting sculptures. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi and you're still one of my favorite artists.........wink, wink. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely they are ,your salt and pepper figure and so many diff rents you have collected ,So sweet.
ReplyDeleteAnd your pin are so beautiful, I have to was inside to day for the rein to day, but I have some pottering I can do.
Have a nice Sunday.
Ingvor
The salt and pepper shakers are adorable. The easter eggs look great. Yes, spring is here.
ReplyDeleteThank you Cindy! :) I always try to visit your blog, but I'm unable to view it. xo
DeleteWow what a wonderful collection and super easter pins!
ReplyDeleteYour collection is very cute, it is good to set some guidelines for your collections isn't it. I love your newest brooches, they are so beautiful!! xx
ReplyDeleteLove the kittens, they are my fav so far. I have to also tell you, I noticed it in a previous post, but your wallpaper is just lovely! As for the jellybeans...ummm to late...I might have gotten into some other stuff, but that's between you, me and the kittens!
ReplyDeleteHello, Paulette!
ReplyDeleteYour Easter egg pins are adorable! *sigh of admiration*
The photos of your home are very beautiful. The black spice racks are really pretty, and the wallpaper, and the table lamp... It's faster to say that everything is beautiful. :)
Happy Easter!
Lovely blog to follow!
ReplyDelete"I've set a few rules for myself as to how to collect them" - I read and I smiled wide;) What an egg-cellent idea and these bunnies, even more egg-cellent choice of yours! Egg pins are fantastic and I wonder where and how you store all these tiny beads - in drawers/boxes? I wish one day you'll show this collection too;) Happy Easter Paulette!
ReplyDeleteWow!! the beading on the eggs is amazing Paulette. I love doing just the little bit I do soon the Dotees... but, mine is far more ...erm..... "random" ..... and, thanks again for the tip on getting the 'dangly' in position ...it works perfectly..........
ReplyDelete