After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Sunday, March 8, 2015

Shamrock Pin Winner(s)!


Hello Sweeties!
Thank you all so much for your lovely visits and for participating in my little giveaway!
 Instead of giving away one shamrock pin, I've decided to make it two!   I asked the Random Number Generator to pick two winners. :) 
Number 14 came up first, which is Basia
and number 6 came up next, which is Shirley.


(Numbers were given from 1 to 46 in the same order your comments were left.)

 
  
Congratulations Basia and Shirley!  xo 
 Your shamrocks will be on their way as soon as I can get your mailing info. :)
I finished up two more hearts this week...



The pink one is for a friend, and the blue is for Etsy.

   I also started a couple of new birdie pins with a bit of a new shape.  It's pretty much my same birdie, but with downward pointing tail feathers instead of up. ;)

  
As you can see I haven't gotten too far,  with just one having his embroidered eye done.  I don't embroider the beaks on my birdie pins, I paint them on.  I've been doing it this way for years.  I find it just looks neater in the end if I do it like this.   I'm still playing around with which thread colors to use, but that's part of the fun of creating anything...all the possibilities!  I'll show you how they turn out in next week's post. 
The other day I baked up a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  I got the recipe from the adorable cookbook "The Back In the Day Bakery Cookbook".  



Crispy and delicious...all the cookies were gone by days end, and I promise I didn't eat them all by myself, but I did make a pretty good dent in that plate of yumminess!
I hope you all have a really fun week, and I'll pop in again next week!
xo Paulette Smiley  

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners, I am sure that they will be delighted with the beautiful pins!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Paulette,
    I just love your birdies.. Can't wait to see the completion.
    Congratulations to the lucky winners!!!!!!
    Have a marvelous day.
    You do such beautiful work, I love the new hearts you have made.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paulette, gorgeous looking are your hearts. I love the little beads and flowers. Lucky are the ladies who have won your shamrocks, they look lovely. I am curious about how thw birds are going to look..;)
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky Basia and Shirley!! How in the world did I miss that giveaway??! Drat! The clover is darling -- as are your hearts. How long have you been doing this? And do you use felted wool? Your creations are really quite scrumptious. Your blog is generally where I go when I need to look at pretty things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pieces always make me smile. Love the new hearts. Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the lucky winners and I have to say that I love your wee heart pins. You put so much detail into making them. Oh yes - and now I'm hungry too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely Paulette, and congrats to the lucky winners of your fab shamrock pins! It's so nice to see your work in progress and your drawing of the little bird is so beautiful. Your little hearts are so sweet too, and the cookies - well - they REALLY are sweet in the truest meaning of the word! Lovely to catch up again my dear, take care of yourself and keep up with your gorgeous work! Warm hugs, Joy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3/08/2015

    ...Congrat's to the lucky weiners! [ahem] I mean, winners. ;o)

    ...Your hearts are nothing short of amazing! Such perfection & beauty! I hope you pat yourself on the back often Miss Beedeebabee... :o)

    ...The sketch of the little bird is adorable! I'm certain that is a precursor to the cuteness that is sure to follow. Can't wait to see!

    ...And those cookies?! (sigh)

    ...Have a lovely week ahead!

    ...Peace & blessings. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new heart creations are beautiful! Those cookies look delish, and I can't wait to see what you do with your sweet little birdies. Congratulations to Basia and Shirley!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the winners! I feel like the real winner, though... as soon as I saw that beautiful blue heart, I headed over to your Etsy shop. I just had to have it! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely work, looking forward to seeing the new style birds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to them!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to the lucky winners! I loved seeing the photo of your work in progress and the sketched plan. Those cookies look delicious!!!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cudności :) :) :) pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3/09/2015

    Congrats to Basia and Shirley!

    Love your new hearts...it's amazing how changing the colours can make them look so different!

    Looking forward to seeing your new birdie designs:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The heart pins are lovely. I will come back to see the sweet little birds later. I am home for the day and think I might do a little baking to warm up the house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to your winners...I know they are thrilled! I love your new beaded hearts, too! Enjoy your week my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello sweet Paulette,your new heart pins are again so beautiful and I see you can draw too and so lovely....I will learn that too,I think your new bird pin is a beauty....have a beautiful week my friend....x

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats to the VERY LUCKY winners. the heart pins are gorgeous. i get tons of compliments when i wear mine!

    shake & bake commercials... you're too funny. but i hear ya. and all those side effects on the drug commercials. why would anyone even want to take them????

    spring has arrived in the midwest. actually have chairs out on the back deck! yay.

    big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have this cookbook and LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are absolutely ESQUISITE!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous2/22/2016

    I just found this site today. Please never remove your work as I could spend the rest of my life enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous6/05/2016

    Please do NOT DELETE the photos. They inspire me to make something. I aspire to be as good as you are and I come here frequently to admire your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)