After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Friday, June 7, 2013

Just a little catching up...

 
Hi Girls! :)
 
Can you believe it's June already?  Spring is zipping by very quickly! 

A few weeks ago I had a bit of surgery on my right hand.  After years of ignoring the sleeping, tingling and achy feelings brought on by carpel tunnel syndrome, it was time to get that fixed,  along with my ring finger that decided it liked getting stuck in the bent position all of the time. :(
 
  Everything healed up nicely, so this past Tuesday I had my left hand fixed.  The doctor "released" the tendons in my index and middle fingers.  Same problem as the ring finger on my right hand, only worse.  My palm is bandaged up, but the tips of my fingers are out so I can wiggle them around... and type just fine!
 
I don't know what caused my hand issues, but after never really giving any thought as to how I treated my hands in the past, now I'll make sure I'm more careful with them, and absolutely not take them for granted anymore. 
 
***
 
I did get a little bit of crochet done.   I made this heart ornament to match a pretty pen and note card set.  A small gift for a dear friend.
 
 
 
I got the pattern for this heart over at Lucy's , and I added my own ruffled edge and flower.
 
 
... And, I made this tiny heart garland, a "string of hugs" for a for another sweet friend.
 
 
I found the pattern here.  I added a round of single crochet to make the hearts a tad bigger.  This is such an easy way to make a perfectly cute little heart!
 
 
Here's what the garland looked like all done.  (I spaced them every two inches or so.)
 
 
 
Next,  I have to crochet a few scarves for lovely Vicki's,  very special Pink Scarf Project.
Anyone can join...the more the merrier!  If you can knit or crochet and you'd like to make a scarf for a really good cause, please, please do.  xoxo 
 
***
 
Lastly, I'm so happy with the rose bushes I planted last year, I just had to show you how pretty they are!
  
They're the first thing I see when I open my kitchen shutters each morning, and truly, my heart just sings when I look at all those beautiful pink flowers!  Sometimes when the morning breeze blows just right,  I catch a hint of their soft purfume. :)
 
 
 
Well, that's about it for now.  Hopefully, I'll  have a pin or two done and ready to show you next time you stop by! :)
 
Have a happy weekend!
 
 


37 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your hands are doing well and I'm amazed at what you've managed to do while you've been laid up! Absolutely am in like with your roses too - they are the only things I miss about our garden at the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paulette, I didn't know, I'm so glad you're healing well. I've never had the surgery for my hands, and it's sad to say I've probably gotten them permanently damaged for that reason. You mention that you don't know how you got it, well what about all the minute work you do with stitching, crocheting, etc.???? Elizabeth, my dear friend, has the same issues, but it just doesn't seem to keep us from crafting away. I hope you're recovery is amazing and fast and as painless as possible. So glad to see you back to blogging pretty lady.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful roses. I put a few in last year and liked them so well we added more this spring.

    I had carpal tunnel in 1999. I was lucky to have caught it very early. Treatment and braces helped to relieve it.

    I'm glad you have relief now. I always enjoy seeing your work. It's Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hearts are adorable! I can think of many uses for that garland, and I just happen to have a little bit of yarn stashed away. ;-)

    I'm glad your surgery went well. I try not to take my hands for granted any more. Isn't it strange that we don't realize how we're abusing our bodies until it's time to take drastic measures?

    I hope you're able to get back to stitching soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paulette, I am sorry to hear you had surgery. I am so glad you are well enough to create such lovely gifts. That garland is just gorgeous! I love that color blue. You are so sweet to make them for friends. I think I just might have to join in the pink scarf project. Take care and have a nice weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you to have the best recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear of your hand trouble Paulette, and hope everything is back to normal real soon for you!
    Your roses are a delight and your little heart and garland are gorgeous - love the gentle colours!
    Joy x

    joyjinkscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i hear ya on the hands. tho i don't have carpel tunnel i DO have arthritis you should see my fingers when they cramp? owie! they try to go in different directions. oy vey!

    glad you had the surgery. you'll be back to really crafting in no time. keeping you in my prayers.

    love your flowers around the yard!

    be well my friend.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are well in your hands now in the sommur, its can be worme under the bandaged, i´ts not fanny.
    And the gift are son nice.
    I hope you have a nice weekend
    Hugs Ingvor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you have not been well, glad your on the mend now.First off what a caring person you are you take time out to make these wonderfull gifts for your friends,and family at this time.The hearts are really little quite lovely.Hope the recipents enjoy them x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sempre com trabalhos lindos, amo muito aprecia-los.

    beijinho

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Paulette:
    That stunning garland reached its destination yesterday and I almost cried when I saw it. I had no idea that you were having troubles with your hands, so knowing that makes this gift even more precious (if that's even possible!).

    I do have a proper card on its way to you to tell you how much I love your thoughtful gift. I will treasure it always - as I do the beautiful pins you've created for me. Thank you from the bottom of my grateful heart.
    Love and hugs, dear friend...
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful roses; aren't their scents just delectable ?~!

    So good to see you and I am very glad that the surgeries were successful and you will be out of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, i always love to read your posts and see what you've been up to. I love your crochet, i've been attempting to try that recently, i went from omg i have no idea to actually managing to form a circle of sorts so there is hope, love your creations and will check out those links. I too suffer with CT on my right hand mostly, frequently during breakfast and writing and creating and sleeping for that matter i have to adjust my position to get the feeling back. Hubby keeps telling me to go get it sorted but i'm just not that keen but you sound like your doing real well so hats off to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que bonitoooooo!! los pequeños detalles hacen que cada día sea especial. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post makes me smile. Such a beautiful heart Paulette...and that sweet garland of hearts! I don't know how you're doing it with your hands still healing. You're amazing. I don't know if this will help you in the future, but I had bad carpel tunnel and added 50 mg. of B6 to my supplements now I rarely have a nerve or tendon problem. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad your hands are doing well. Love your crochet work, especially the heart garland. I may just have to make one of those to add to a lighted flower garland I made a while back and have hanging in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, please do take it easy with your poor hands Paulette. I had carpal tunnel surgery back in 2005 on my right hand...it is good now ...then, a bunch of ganglions removed a couple years ago on the left and the surgeon re-routed a tendon for some reason at the same time...

    and your other tendon thing? ..is it Dupuytren's Conctracture? My friend's husband just had surgery for that ... and my FIL had it years ago... not a great result either... he said it was the most painful thing ever .. and he's been through some stuff....

    sending you healing hugs

    xxxx

    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ow, hand surgery! Hope your healing is speedy, and that all stays fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your roses are breathtaking!

    Speedy healing to your hand - I have been lucky so far regarding carpal tunnel, but sometimes there's a tendon that catches and I do wonder about it ... then it goes away and I forget it until the next time.

    Your pins are so beautiful! And the crochet hearts are lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous6/12/2013

    Oi. Gostaria de saber se tu tens newsletter. Se tiveres podes me colocar na tua lista? Amei teus trabalhos e teu blog e gostaria de recebê-los e dividir com minhas amigas. Tenho 59 anos, casado, 1 casal de filhos e 2 netos.
    Moro em Porto Alegre, Rio grande do sul, Brasil.
    Um Abraço. Ana Maria santos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your very sweet comment, Anna Maria. No, I don't have a newsletter...it's just what you see here. Hugs back to you! xo

      Delete
  22. Hey Girlie!
    Glad to hear your hands are on the mend. The hearts are really cute!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello sweet Paulette,what a beautiful treasures you made!!you are so creative....and I love your garden too with the pink flowers...

    big hug from me to you....xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have you ever noticed that people who use their hands for doing all those fun crafty creations always seem to suffer hand aches and pains as the years go by. A couple of years ago I started to have pain in my left thumb joints.....how painful, then occasionally the right thumb would give me grief on and off. I thought maybe carpel tunnel but my doctor told me those areas of the hands are very common spots for arthritis. I read about golden raisins soaked in 2 cups of gin, taking only 9 raisins a day to help with this sort of hand pain. Actually it does seem to help ease the misery, but this old gal does the treatment in the morning and again at bedtime. There is no worry of becoming drunk on 9 raisins, and I am not a drinker by no means. Anyways, after 7 weeks without the internet I am back. As always I see lovely things here on your blog and always enjoy coming to visit. Hope your hands continue to improve, and may God speed the healing.
    As always,
    Susanne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely work Paulette and so pleased you are feeling better.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Paulette Dear I missed this post and am so very thankful you are healing from your surgery. Your roses are beautiful and such a glorious way to begin each day. Your crocheting is wonderful and the hearts are just right. Your creations are always so meticulous and perfect. Healing Hugs and Happy Creative Hearts my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ouchy ! Get well soon! I'm amazed you've still been creating all these pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Paulete,
    I haven't stopped by for awhile but I'm so glad you're healing nicely from your surgery. I'd hate for you to not be able to make your beautiful creations! And from one gardener to another, your rose bushes look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. bahcemden sevgiler yolluyorum:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Paulete,
    I came by to see how your hand was doing and noticed that the comment I left last month never
    clicked in.. Must be out flying around blogland.

    You have made so many lovely pieces here, I love the hearts! You really have mastered crocheting, and you are so creative.
    Take care of yourself,
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  31. Somehow, I missed this post. Glad to hear everything is working out so well with the surgeries. Must take care of both hands and eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous7/09/2013

    Love the heart garland! I'm just crazy about garlands of any kind! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have an amazing talent! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing! You're felties look like goodies. They all look edible, like that fondant they put on cake...MMMM FELTIES!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous9/07/2013

    You are very clever I just love all your little hearts...so pretty...Maureen in Queeensland, Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)