After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Thursday, July 4, 2013

A pin, a surprise, and some pink scarves...

 
Hi Girls!
 
Thank you all for the very kind comments you left on my last post.  My hands are coming along nicely.  You are all so sweet!
 
My gosh, time is flying by so quickly.  I hope today finds you happy and doing just fine. :)
 
I've been as busy as a bee, which doesn't help in slowing time down any.   I'm sure you know the feeling,  when you're trying hard to keep up, but always just one step behind!  With a few hours stolen from here and there, I did get a chance to do some stitching.
 
 
Another heart!  I can't help myself, I just love them! :) 
 
 
  
The other day, I found a beautiful surprise in my mailbox! This adorable hand stitched pin cushion, from my sweetie pie pal, Lisa.  I love it's soft colors, it's darling little flowers, and all of Lisa's perfect stitching.  It certainly prettied up my work table, and I can't look at it without smiling! 
 
 
Lisa always inspires me with her fresh, fun ideas.  She's that easy going,  hop over the fence anytime for some chit-chat, kind of friend.  Unfortunately, she's clear across the country, so there's no fence hopping going on, but still, I think of her that way always.  Remember my fairy garden a couple of posts down?  Well, it was Lisa's fairy garden that made me want one of my own.  You can visit Lisa's always cheery blog, A Cuppa Tea With Me, here. :o)
 
I've been crocheting scarves for Vicki's Pink Scarf Project.  Here are the ones I've done so far.  These were shipped off a couple of weeks ago.
 
 
My favorite in the bunch is the light pink Queen Anne's Lace scarf.  I first saw this pretty scarf over at Crystal's blog,  Bead Happily Ever After.  Crystal is a another very dear friend of mine. xo  She's so creative, and she crochets beautifully.  I loved her gorgeous scarf the minute I saw it! 
 
 
 The Queen Anne's Lace scarf looks so pretty on.  I've made a few as gifts, and one of these days I'm going to make myself one...or two!
 
I just finished the scarf below last night.  It's called the "Swishy Scarf". 
 
 
I got the pattern from the book Cute & Easy Crochet.  It is cute, and it was easy, and I really like how it's ruffled edge cuddles against your neck when it's on. 
 
 
Definitely another favorite...and another one to make for myself! ;)
 
I love to crochet.  It's nice to have a hobby that fits into a basket I can take around the house or where ever I want to go.  Most of the time I crochet at night after the day is done and the house is quiet.  It's so relaxing.
 
I'd like to get better at knitting.  I've only given it one real good try, years ago.   I made this little beaded bag on very, very skinny needles.  It took me two whole days...I really mean that.  I did nothing else for two days!
 
 
 I was determined, and I had a great booklet which explained everything, but I was slower than a turtle!  I'm not good at all with a needle in each hand.  I wonder if I would have found knitting easier if I had learned to knit before I learned to crochet. ??
 
...And one of these days I'm going to try tatting.   If you love lace, you've got to see Diane's tatting!
   
I hope everyone who's celebrating this 4th of July, has a very happy and safe holiday, and to all my lovely visitors, I hope you find time to enjoy whatever you love to do!
 
~*~
 
 
Happy Birthday Daddykins.  I love you. ♥
 
 


41 comments:

  1. Hello! I have discover your blog and I like very much the things you make. Everything is so delicate and beautiful! I've become a follower to maintain the contact. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are healing nicely.
    You have added so many beautiful items to your side bar! Those cupcakes are beyond words cute. I wanted to ask about that sweet little doll in your welcome. Did you make her too? She looks like a Wee Folk.
    Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carol! Yes, I made her, and she was done the Wee Folk way! :) xo

      Delete
  3. Missed you,lovely to see what u have been up to.You have made some beautiful things.love,love the hearts you made the scarves and that bag, wow so,so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh--- so much to talk about here! Your newest little heart brooch is stunning-- you bring these little creations to life so beautifully! The scarves are gorgeous_ everyone is so very special. You are generous and kind beyond words of expression---

    That little knitted purse is a work of art!! Gorgeous! I'm so glad you are healing- getting past your surgery and able to create as you so love to do--
    Have a wonderful holiday-
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paulette,

    I'm your newest fan. I love, love, love your work. Your felt work is so amazing. I wish I could make something as beautiful as your work.

    Keep up the good work!

    Marivic

    http://marivicclif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Paulette, Happy 4th of July to you! If I had to pick one thing from your lovelies I would be days on trying to decide, they are all so pretty and what's not to love! You definitely have a gift and the eye for creating works of art with felt. I too am a better crocheter than knitter, although I learned to knit first. I even hold my crochet hook like a knitting needle, it is that obvious to some people. I am swept away with the bead bag, you knitted it in 2 days and it was a first project, WOW! And the scarfs are so pretty also. Thanks for sharing. I will check out the sources later. I know it would take me more than 5 minutes to read all about them.
    As always, Susanne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 4th Paulette!
    I also learned to crochet before knitting & like knitting better. I use crochet for edge finishing often!

    Long story but I went to work for a shop shortly after college. I told the owner I could do just about any hand craft but wasn't proficient in knitting...he told me to learn and hired me that day. I bought a how to and that night re learned from childhood the art.

    I did not like two needles and anchored the right in my lap at the top of my leg. He saw that, laughed, handed me a pair of long knitting needles and taught me to work with the right under my right armpit! Amazing and so freeing. That was over thirty years ago!

    There's an old post on my blog about the lace shawl I designed/knit for my daughters wedding. Try it out, you might find knitting to be a whole different story then.

    BTW, starting out on a beaded bag??? Back in the 40's/50's women started on 4 needle argyle socks...both are crazy ways to start :-) just saying. Hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those beautiful scarves make me want to take up my crochet hooks again, but I'll have to finish reorganizing before I can do that. I only know where one crochet hook is right now!

    I love your new pin cushion. Your stitching friends do beautiful work. Who knows, you may even get me stitching one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dear...your work is such grace and beauty. The little heart pin is divine. Lovely pink scarves you have crocheted. Very giving of you as always. That tiny little knitted purse is beyond stunning. I cannot imagine knitting it with all beads. I, too, am wanting to learn to tat however DVDs, You Tube and books are not helping me. I need to sit with someone to do it and there is NO ONE here that tats. I always ask everyone. Diane's tatting is gorgeous and she makes it look so effortless. So thankful your hands are healing and you are able to use them so beautifully. Creative Happy Hearts equal Creative Busy Hands...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty things you've been making! Must say that I hopped right on over and found the pattern for the Queen Anne's lace scarf - it's SO pretty and I know I want to make one using some yarn I have in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore your blog and your work!
    Do you sell patterns/instructions for these lovelies?
    :-D
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! No, I'm sorry, but I'm not selling any patterns or instructions...at least not yet, only finished pieces, but I'm flattered that you asked! xo

      Delete
  12. Люблю Ваши работы!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scarves are beautiful. I'm obviously the opposite of you, I can knit just about anything but crochet is something I just can't seem to get to grips with.
    As usual your felt creations are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new creations are so lovely!
    Fantastic bead bag! I'm afraid to try knit with beads, but may try crochet with them :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Paulette, you've taken my breath away with your beautiful creations! Sweet, sweet little heart and those scarves are divine!!! AND the beautiful shades of pink .... ... the little pincushion by your friend Lisa is much too pretty to stick pins in!
    It would have taken me weeks to make that fantastic bag - what patience you must possess!
    I'm very pleased to know your hands are doing so well!
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am with Joy! Your creations just take my breath away... I wish I had your talent.
    I hope you continue to heal.
    Off to look at Diane's tatting.
    fondly,
    Pennyh

    ReplyDelete
  17. you never cease to amaze me! i used to knit, crochet AND cross-stitch but my fingers would twist and cramp up and now i can barely hold a needle. funny thing is... my card making doesn't bother my hands. well, ok, it does, sometimes but not like the other things... go figure.

    EVERYTHING you do is ALWAYS gorgeous and i just love hearts too! hearts, flowers and stars. those are my 3.

    hope you had a great 4th. i'm celebrating today at a neighborhood bbq. yum.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Paulette, your scarves are so pretty. I've earmarked the Swishy Scarf as a 'might do' in the past but I really think it's been elevated to a 'must do' now. I love the yarn you've used too - it looks like it has a sort of sheen to it.

    Your sewing ALWAYS renders me gobsmacked!!! You know, if you hadn't had the recent trouble with your hands (so glad to hear they're healing well), I'd be tempted to wonder if it wasn't actually magical elves that created such exquisite beauty. *dreamy sigh*

    Do hope you're having a wonderful weekend my friend.

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all your makes Paulette you are so talented,your pink scarfs I just adore, they are I need and must have one of those when you look at them, yummy.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found your blog your work is stunning I adore your beautiful hearts x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Paulette!
    So glad to hear that your hands are better. You have been working on some beautiful projects. Lovely pin, your work is so amazing. Your crocheting is looking wonderful too.
    I hope that you have a great week with some fun thrown in.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous7/09/2013

    Well hello there, Paulette! Thanks so much for coming by to introduce yourself!

    I am just smitten with all your lovely creations! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Paulette,
    I am not going to listen to you saying you are not good at knitting! OMGosh! I wouldn't be able to do that gorgeous bag on skinny needles if I had years! lol! Well done!
    You are so creative and so good at bringing your ideas into form. I always love coming to see what you have been creating.
    All of your scarves are gorgeous. I am sure the receivers are going to feel the love you put into your work.
    Your heart pin is truly lovely! I am so glad your hands are better.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello sweet friend....what a beautiful handwork on your blog again,I love it all.....a big hug again for all your beautiful treasures you send me.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You do such lovely work! Those hearts with flowers on them...yummy...and the little knitted purse is so cute. I like making those myself and they're fun (except when I stab myself with those sharp needles!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Paulette
    Shawkl sent me over here to look around. I love the pink crochet; I want one of each please :) I have always wanted to learn tatting. When I finally found a class, my day job interfered and I really had only 2 lessons. Just enough to whet my appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kitblu! :)

    How sweet of Shawkl! ... Diane's tatting is so beautiful. She makes it look easy, but I think that's because she's just very talented! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. it's SO good to see you're hands are feeling great, and you're back to stitching hearts.....straight from YOUR sweet heart! and one of these days i'm gonna have to pick up a crochet hook.....you've totally inspired me with all of your gorgeous pink scarves! happy weekend to you, precious girlie!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  29. Olá Paulete. Que bom ter encontrado seu link novamente. Sempre me encantei com seus trabalhos em feltro.Parabéns. Abraços, Iêda

    ReplyDelete
  30. My my Paulette, I am so happy I popped over for a visit to your blog! Total eye candy - soooo many beautiful things to see, you are amazing!!! Now I can't wait for the kids to go to bed so I can read more... Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful work...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your work is soooo beautiful! Thank you for letting me discover your lovely blog and thank you for visiting mine :-)
    Happy day!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am a returning customer and a HUGE fan...where are you selling your items nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet...thank you so much, Lily!! Honestly, I thought by now my Etsy shop would again be open. Soon, I hope! xo :)

      Delete
  34. Βρίσκω το blog σου καταπληκτικό, με τόσες ωραίες δημιουργίες, που πραγματικά δεν μπορώ να πω τι μου αρέσει περισσότερο. Απλά μου αρέσουν όλα!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Πολύ όμορφο το blog σου και οι δημιουργίες σου καταπληκτικές !!! Bravo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Heehee, I see a pincushion that looks familiar up there :):):) I'm glad you like it, I was glad to make it for you. I can't meet you at the fence, but I can send a felty hug right through the mail <3

    Your scarves are absolutely diving, I love the Queen Anne's Lace one the best as well, they're ALL beautiful, but that one just grabs you! You're an angel for making so many lovely scarves, what a blessing!

    p.s. Your beaded bag??? Your first attempt? Get outta dodge! That little treasure is AMAZING!! I'm gobsmacked.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous11/03/2013

    Your work is amazing! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)