Hi Girls!
I hope today finds you happy and doing just fine. :)
Thank you for your visits and for all the sweet comments you left on my last post. xo.
How are you handling these warm temps? To be perfectly honest, I'm so done with summer and all of the heat and humidity it has brought to the north east. I try each year to be more tolerant and not to wish the entire summer away, but this cool weather girl truly wilts when the temps go above 60°!
Thank you for your visits and for all the sweet comments you left on my last post. xo.
How are you handling these warm temps? To be perfectly honest, I'm so done with summer and all of the heat and humidity it has brought to the north east. I try each year to be more tolerant and not to wish the entire summer away, but this cool weather girl truly wilts when the temps go above 60°!
I've been busy with all sorts of stuff. Most of it had nothing to do with stitching though. It's been a very busy year, family wise. I did get this pin finished the other day. I'm so much happier when I'm making hearts...this is just a little diversion! ;)
This pretty butterfly card arrived in the mail recently, from Sherry, who's always such a darling and just so thoughtful!
It went right up above my desk, where I keep a bunch of special things from special people. It's the happiest corner of my room!
Sherry keeps things interesting at her blog, Createologly. Sewing projects, jewelry making and cards, are just a bit of what you'll see Sherry working on when you visit. She's always inspiring!
I felt like something a bit special for breakfast this morning, so I popped a batch of blueberry muffins into the oven, first thing. Umm, warm buttered muffins...sooo good! Here's the recipe...
Easy Blueberry Muffins
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 beaten egg
2/3 cup of milk
1/3 cup of oil
1 cup of fresh blueberries
Preheat your oven to 400° and grease or line your baking pan with paper baking cups. In a medium bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in the remaining ingredients just until everything is moistened. (The batter will be a bit lumpy.) Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each just 2/3 of the way full. I sprinkle a bit of sugar on top of each muffin before I pop them into the oven for extra yummy-ness. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffin tops are a light golden brown and they feel firm to the touch. Remove your muffins from the pan to cool on a rack...and watch them disappear as your family passes through the kitchen! :)
About six or so months ago, thinking I would no longer have the time to continue blogging or even stitching for that matter, I deleted just about everything on my blog, except for my banner. For some reason, I just didn't delete it entirely...and lucky for me that I didn't, because as time passed, I decided to continue blogging. There were a few posts that I wish I had saved, some were favorite recipes. I still have all my photos though, so in the future I'll probably put them back up.
Here's a little advice, Girls ... if you think you no longer have the time to keep your blog going, or you're just plain tired of it, and you're thinking of deleting your blog, don't! Really. Just let your blog sit. It's not bothering anyone by just sitting, and in time, like me, you may want to continue. :)
Have a fun week, Sweeties. See you soon!
If you like, you can follow my blog thru Bloglovin.
Don't mind the nonsense below, it's just a code I needed in order to claim my blog in Bloglovin.
href
="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1872543/?claim=cpdtpwj3uep">Follow my blog with BloglovinAbout six or so months ago, thinking I would no longer have the time to continue blogging or even stitching for that matter, I deleted just about everything on my blog, except for my banner. For some reason, I just didn't delete it entirely...and lucky for me that I didn't, because as time passed, I decided to continue blogging. There were a few posts that I wish I had saved, some were favorite recipes. I still have all my photos though, so in the future I'll probably put them back up.
Here's a little advice, Girls ... if you think you no longer have the time to keep your blog going, or you're just plain tired of it, and you're thinking of deleting your blog, don't! Really. Just let your blog sit. It's not bothering anyone by just sitting, and in time, like me, you may want to continue. :)
Have a fun week, Sweeties. See you soon!
If you like, you can follow my blog thru Bloglovin.
Don't mind the nonsense below, it's just a code I needed in order to claim my blog in Bloglovin.
href

I'm glad you didn't delete your blog as I have just found it... The pictures of your work on the sides are stunning!
ReplyDeleteI have an inspiration board above my work area too filled with all my little treasures people have given me. Wish I could have joined you for one of those delicious looking muffins!
ReplyDeleteI do so enjoy looking through your lovely posts and enjoying your beautiful makes Paulette - you are a very talented girl!
ReplyDeleteI too enjoy cooler weather much better than the hot - and we're having plenty of it at the moment but thankfully with a wee bit of sunshine here and there for good measure!
Those muffins look so good, light, and yummy - thank you for the recipe!
I hope your week is a really happy one!
Joy xo
Hi ya, so glad you kept on blogging love visiting your blog.I think your latest pin is so, so pretty. Please post recipes when you can, this momma loves to bake x
ReplyDeleteHi Paulette, I have been trying to catch up with my friends tonight for a change of scenery. We had a beautiful weekend, but had rain all day today. The temperature only made it up to 65 degrees today. I always love your pretties and your muffins sound yummy. I don't do baking for myself with only me here. I do more microwave cooking then anything else. It is good to see you here in blog land. Have a wonderful week. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.
ReplyDeleteSo very glad to see you back posting, Paulette, your work entrances me with its delicacy and colorful beauty. I still wear the yellow rose you sent me after my sister died-hard to believe it's been five years this weekend since she left us....
ReplyDeletesometimes you just need a break. Family stuff can become all consuming if not overwhelming. Usually that's when I go to my "room" and start destashing and regret it later. I remember when you took a blog break and I missed you SO much. Each time I visit, I like to scroll your side bars. Your stitching is perfection, it REALLY is.
ReplyDeletexx,
Carol
Hey Paulette!!
ReplyDeleteI love the recent pin. So delicate and sweet. I always start dreaming of autumn( my favorite season).
Lovely recipe. I will have to try it.
So glad that you are blogging again, I look forward to your updates.
Stay cool :)
absolutely gorgeous!!!!
ReplyDeletei'm becoming a cooler weather fan myself. let me open up my house, no a/c and i'm a happy camper.... tho it's been too buggy to sit outside.
i would be crushed if you ever closed your blog and i'm glad you didn't.
it's always a delight to pop in - even if it is infrequently!
hugs :)
Amazing work, wonderful blog and right words! Thank you, Paulette!
ReplyDeleteLovely pin but I do love your hearts.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you've decided to keep your blog! Even when you didn't have time to post, I loved being able to wander over and take a glimpse of your beautiful creations. Your hearts are beautiful, but I'm happy that you enjoy creating other shapes as well!
ReplyDeleteOh Paulette, your stitching is just wondrous and I'm so glad you decided to come back and blog. I could stare at your creations all day. Thank you so very much for continuing to support me with prayers and good thoughts, you are such a sweet lady with a loving heart and soul. God Bless.
ReplyDeleteLove ya'
Meri
Lovely pin Amazing work, wonderful blog
ReplyDeleteand i try the muffins you have dun
Have a nice day
Hugs Ingvor
Hello! Your work is really lovely, full of beautiful details, I love it! Have a great week. besos. Lilián.-
ReplyDeleteYour blog is lovely and I love your pin! The detail is amazing!
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI saw you on Bumble Bees blog, so I decided to stop by. Your work is so gorgeous. and your pin devine.
I'm glad you did not shut down your blog...Its beautiful.
I almost closed mine up too. But a very dear friend of mine needed a new blog...hers was giving her problems. We decided to go in together. So she does all the work mostly, I make dolls and a few other small projects...Sherry (Edie)she makes jewelry and does decorating. She can sew anything.
Do you have an Etsy Shop?
you take care,
May God bless,
Marie Antoinette
Wow, wow, wow! So cute! You are so talented. I love the Scottie pin. My eyes are just not able to do this kind of stuff any more. Amazing lady, Blessings, Martha
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you came back to your blog, blog land wasn't the same without you!!
ReplyDeletePaulette Dear you are such a sweetheart to link to my blog. I am thrilled that you are able to do your perfect stitching and blog once again. I can almost smell those delicious blueberry muffins...Yum! Welcome back my friend...
ReplyDeletePaulette,
ReplyDeleteI do enjoy your posts, and I am simply ga-ga over your gorgeous embroidered and beaded pieces. You are a talented inspiration! I would love to watch you create in person!!! And learn from a master! Please do a book!!
Hello,
ReplyDeleteyou're so talented I love what you do
All of what you do is so cute
I wish you continued success
I can't wait to try your blueberry muffins - they are on my to do list tomorrow x
ReplyDeleteDon't break my heart, your blog is one of the prettiest ones I follow. You have such an eye for creating beautiful pins and I love them all. I am so glad you decided to stay. I know a chief complaint is that bloggers always feel they need to step it up each time they post, and to do it often, so the pressure is on constantly. When it ceases to be fun then maybe it is time to just give it a rest for awhile and take a break. I agree with RetroSandie's comment that you should write a book. I love what you do and it is one art form I haven't tried, other than tatting which I find complicated, lol. It would be great if you could do a tutorial in the future, that is when you find some free time on your hands......oh yes, I know, "so when would I find time?" you say, lol
ReplyDelete(((HUGS))) Susanne :)
Hi, I'm a newer follower, your embroidery is gorgeous! Love your new pincushion too :)
ReplyDeleteHi Aurelia, Thank you but I can't take any credit for that beautiful pincushion! My friend Lisa made it for me. Lisa's lovely blog is http://lisasteatime.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteHi Paulette!
ReplyDeleteI love what you made! You are so talented in so many levels..I want to be just like you when I grow up!
The muffins looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!
My local quilt shop has crazy quilt classes..I am going to take a lesson and I hope I can start embroidery..It is just a beautiful forgotten craft.
Hugs!!!
Marivic
http://marivicclif.blogspot.com
just made some of my blueberry/lemon muffins the other day...mmmm.... I have to say...berries are so much fun to use in scones, muffins and loaves..... always tasty....
ReplyDeleteGorgeous-- simply gorgeous-- your beadwork is stunning! Oh my gosh!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe blueberry muffins look so tempting- I'd love one of those right now!!
Xoxo
Vicki
Well, I sure couldn't agree more about letting things sit when you need a break, having just arrived back to a place where I'm ready to start writing again myself, but first , a catch up! Really though, I'm so glad you decided to continue. Honestly and truly, I believe the world a better place with your creations in it! For realsies, Sweet-P!
ReplyDeleteYour happy corner is indeed a very happy spot! I think I see a little card from me up there, yeee! I could sit there with a blueberry muffin and stare at all that happiness for a long, long time!
Your lovely pin up there may have been a distraction, but it sure is a nice one, as always, it's just as darling as can be!
oxo,
L
I love your work. It is so beautiful. You are truly talented.
ReplyDelete