After a decision to stop blogging and then deleting just about
everything here, I changed my mind! If you've popped in from Pinterest and you can only see this banner, click on it, and welcome in!


Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sparkle, Yummy and a Bit of Crochet ...

 
Hi Girls! :)
 
Don't you just love the early morning?  I mean real early morning, when the sky is just starting to lighten up and the house is sooo still.  It's a good time to just sit with a nice hot cup of coffee and get your thoughts in order, but it's also a great time to get things done ... before the day starts taking you in different directions.   
 
Yesterday morning I finished this pin.  A little heart with lots of beads, sequins and sparkle. 
This one was lots of fun to make!
 
 
Last weekend I made Vicki's delicious Pear Zucchini Bread.  It was so yummy, and her almond glaze was such a nice addition!  My guys gobbled up an entire loaf in just a few hours, but luckily I managed to freeze the second loaf to enjoy for dessert one night this week.   ;)  
 
 
This is a shawl I finished for the Pink Scarf Project.  The pattern was very easy and it worked up quickly.  I do love the colors in the yarn,  but if I make it again I'll use a solid color,  because I feel the multi really does take away from the shawl's pretty pattern. 

 
If you'd like to give it a go, you can find pattern here.
 
 
Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my last post.  ♥  You girls are always so sweet!
 
Have a fun day today!
 
 


51 comments:

  1. I love you~~~

    Ohhh that pin is absolutely stunning -- you have totally created a masterpiece here! How you do that - so much tiny beadwork - is so beyond me your stitches and beading are amazingly beautiful girlfriend!

    So glad you loved the bread! I'm making more today-- it's like crack here - LOL -- we can't stop eating it!

    The shawl is gorgeous -- absolutely stunning -- you know I love the combination of pink and brown. Your hands are magic when you create from your heart. Thank you --- a million times over -- thank you my friend.

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень красиво!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey pretty lady, thank you so much for posting my holiday event button. When are you gonna have more goodies in your shop? I need to own something you've made as your talent never ceases to amaze me.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pin is gorgeous! Looks like it was a lot of work. The shawl is lovely too, though I see what you mean about a solid color being the better choice to show off the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... that pin is amazing! That must have taken forever to make!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the heart! All those tiny beads, sequins and stitches! Your scarf is beautiful, I like the color you chose it will be nice to wear with lots of things.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ya,loving your latest pin its so very pretty, are you putting it in your shop?Think the shawl you made is amazing too.Your one talented girl x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of work went into your pretty little heart I can tell, and the scarf is lovely too. I like the yarn you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You create the most beautiful pins! I love all the sparkle, and that sweet little flower is the perfect touch!

    The shawl is gorgeous! The yarn reminds me of one that I had years ago. I wonder if it's still in my stash? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful heart pin Paulette - your fingers must be soooooo nimble to work so well with those titchy little sequins etc..
    Your shawl is also gorgeous - I agree with you re the multi-coloured yarns, they do sometimes detract from the pattern, but I think your shawl is an exception to that point and the colourways are very gentle and lovely!
    That loaf looks scrumptious and I'll be checking out the recipe - even though I'm trying to drop a few kilos: well, it does contain fruit and veg doesn't it!!!
    I love the early mornings too - it's my best time of day and usually when I check up on lovely blogs and have time for me.
    Another very lovely post Paulette, thank you so much for sending out beauty!
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Paulette! That heart is breathtaking! The shawl is so pretty, I think I'll try making one myself. Thanks for the info! The bread looks delicious! I just happen to have some zucchini from my day's garden right now! Have a nice week! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paulette Dear your Neapolitan Scarf is delicious. The early morning is very peaceful and your pin is stunning with all of its beaded sequin "icing". That loaf does sound quite yummy as anytime eating. It is so good to be able to enjoy your blogging once again dear...

    ReplyDelete
  13. P, your cross hatch heart stuns me with its green stitching and lovely corner design. Your stuff gets better every year. So good to see you back here and enjoying making again. Happy August.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello lovely Paulette.

    Your pin is quite breathtaking. Really, I cannot begin to imagine how you create something so exquisite without getting into a terrible beady pickle!

    I know what you mean about using a solid colour for your shawl but actually adore that combination - it's so soft and muted.

    Yes, yes, peaceful early mornings - one of my favourite times of the day.

    Heather x

    PS. Next time we go on holiday, I shall make sure there is a Paulette-sized space in the suitcase for you!!! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Youre Pin are the most beautiful pins i love them and the shawel are nice, i can understand the yarn tacke little to much so the patterns not bee see for the fine pattern you have dun.
    Have a nice day
    hugs Ingvor

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable brooch and the shawl is so lovely! Perfect colours :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous projects Paulette! All 3. Isn't it wonderful to have some time to try new recipes and finish some projects.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ok. this heart wins hands down by me! i LOVE IT! it's gorgeous!

    the cake looks delicious and i'm one to NEVER say no to cake!

    the shawl.... love the color combo. i have a plain white shawl that's been in my drawers for years and i take it out on nice cool fall sundays for church. oy the looks i get - LOL.

    and i hear ya on the mornings. my normal rise and shine time is between 5 & 6. in summer the sun is rising and the birds are sing.... making a racket for sure! in winter, it's just nice and peaceful.

    have a great weekend.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous8/08/2013

    Wow, your pin is stunning, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. У вас прекрасный блог и очень талантливые работы!

    ReplyDelete
  21. definitely gonna check out that recipe... thanks Paulette..... sounds yummy... well, anything with pears.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This heart pin is just encrusted with sparkle. I can't even see any felt underneath. It is Beee-utiful!
    Thanks for the blueberry muffin recipe in your previous post. It was just what I was looking for since I picked a few quarts earlier this week. The zucchini bread looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely pin, yummy bread, and a lovely shawl. That is what I like about your blog, it is just down right yummy and lovely, lol. I laid out some zucchini this afternoon to make bread. I have a great recipe that I got so many years ago in a Country Living magazine. Everyone loves it. It is freezable too.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Paulette, I want to say only nice words! I feel that your heart is the crystal too, and soul is comfortable as a shawl, you have the talent to decorate the world. I love everything that you create :) ХО

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Paulette, just popped in again to let you know I baked the beautiful pear zucchini loaves today and they have turned out just like your pic - even though I made them gluten free - a real hit with my hubby who says not to bother freezing the second one for that would be a waste!!!
    Thanks so much for the gorgeous recipe link!
    Joy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. 5 o'clock in the morning is my most favorite time of the day. The house is quiet and still.
    Love you beautiful pin !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Paulette,

    This is gorgeous!! You are truly amazing! Love every details. The pin looks so vintage.

    It is nice to enjoy those quiet early mornings...Lucky you! I have 2 small kids, I wake up at 7 and enjoy my coffee..until I hear tiny foot steps..But I enjoy hearing those tiny foot steps because I know they don't last very long.

    Your blog is a breath of fresh air...I love it here! You make everyone feel so welcome.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl... your work is outstanding... truly it is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm just back from holiday, catching up on Blogland - what a beautiful post to come home to! Your pin is breathtaking - I don't know how you can handcraft such an amazing piece - and the shawl is exquisite! My zucchini plants are well on their way, so I'll be gathering the ingredients for that cake, thanks for sharing! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, I love your beautiful designs. Have you considered selling them as kits with directions? I love doing handwork and would enjoy making my own. Thanks,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Jan, Thank you! I do think about that. Maybe in the future I'll put together some kits. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put me at the top of the list for pre-orders! Can't wait.
      Thanks, Jan

      Delete
  32. You do absolutely beautiful work!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a delight your blog is. I love the pin keep, so pretty. Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your heart pin is gorgeous, I've never seen sequins used quite like that before - so elegant! The shawl turned out great, thanks for the link :) Kits would be a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the pin you created Paulette! and all the treasures on your side bar are incredible. So much talent. I'm loving everything here! you have excellent taste when creating.

    Have a grand week! Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  36. PS We're now following you on the google thingy! Don't want to miss a thing you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your pins always look good enough to eat! And that bread does too.... Mr. M always gobbles up quickbreads in short order also. He cuts slices that are about an inch and a half thick.

    That is a lovely shawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous8/15/2013

    Oh you just make so many cute things! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  39. Seus trabalhos são belíssimos, parabens!
    Nely

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just found your blog via Pinterest. Wow! What a feast for the eyes. Love your needle work!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've always wanted to learn to knit, but my fingers won't let me...LOL...Thank God for people like you. the pin is fantastic and the scarf gorgeous.
    And I wouldn't mind a piece of that cake either.
    XXOO Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  42. What gorgeous creations Paulette and in such beautiful colours, love the design.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  43. How in the world did I miss this! Oh Paulette, I do believe this pin is my favorite of yours.. Of course I am sure I have said this before.. Such details, and I love the colors..

    Did you save me a piece of that bread? Wow, does that look good.

    I wish I had the skills to make a shawl such as yours.. It is beautiful!
    Wishing you a peaceful weekend. So sorry I am late.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  44. My first visit to your site and I swooned over your teeny tiny stitches. We are felting at the moment but with little girls see here http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  45. I keep missing your posts! Love what you are doing with the sequins! Of course, I love all of what you do. Scottie in aqua coat is too cute, love it.
    Have a great week,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  46. I wanted to come and thank you for the lovely comment you left...but it also gave me a chance to visit again , so that I can admire your gorgeous creations. I love the crazy quilts heart pin with the buttons, So beautiful.
    XXOO Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful pin, love all the bling. Such talent.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  48. My goodness, I've missed so many posts! Paulette, that heart pin up there is marvelous! You have such a knack for placement and embellishment, you should teach classes, you've got more talent in your little pinkie than anyone I know!

    Oh my... that bread! I can see how your boys would have devoured it so quickly, it sounds delish! I've never heard of Pear Zucchini Bread, but I'm definitely going to have to click over and pin that recipe!

    Your scarf is so pretty! I'll bet it's light and soft and perfectly cozy! What a wonderful cause, too! Breast cancer is awful, I'm glad they're making such progress in treating it and curing so many cases in time to save lives, but even one more woman lost is a tragedy. That Scarf Project is terrific! Looks like it wraps up later today, too! I hope you win the custom wrap!

    Oxo~L

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hello, I've just come across your work on Pinterest. While roaming through your 'Secret Garden' of work I had to stop and comment , especially here.
    I have to disagree with you on what you said. I think the multi yarn you used made this shawl Romantic and it gives the effect of a floral patterned shawl which is beautiful!
    It beats the blue pattern one for romance by a mile. Stunning.
    And in case you're wondering why I have nick named your blog it is because I get the feeling throughout of a romantic floral garden and it instantly made me think of my old time favourite book, The Secret Garden.
    Your felt work is purely beautiful.
    I'll be back . Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me such a lovely comment! Your words are sooo very kind! xo Paulette :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping to leave a comment...It's always so nice to hear from you! :)